Art Alliance Gallery Downtown seeks a part-time Press and Marketing Intern to assist with content production and dissemination via online and in-print resources. The intern will work with the Gallery Manager to help cultivate and strengthen the gallery’s marketing strategies and processes. Responsibilities may include:
- Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter content development and maintenance.
- Discovering and cultivating new outlets for press and marketing. These might include printed, online, radio, or in-person opportunities.
- Maintain the connection of inclined audiences with gallery resources.
- Event and exhibition photography (editing and archival experience is welcome but not necessary).
- Assist Gallery Manager with content development and design for exhibition press (e.g. press release, postcards, etc.).
- Assist the Gallery Manager with dispersal of press materials throughout Centre County.
- Assist Gallery Manager in developing schedules and timelines.
Qualified candidates will be reliable, detail-oriented, and personable, with an interest in marketing and working in the arts. Additional qualities of an ideal candidate should include excellent written communication skills, the ability to work effectively both independently and collaboratively, and the ability to interact respectfully with people from a variety of different backgrounds and identities.
Duration and Scheduling
This internship will begin February 1, 2017 and continue until May 1, 2017. Interns are expected to dedicate approximately three hours per week to their responsibilities. These shifts will take place in the gallery, both with the Gallery Manager and independently. Shift times are dependent on availability and scheduling and may include special events and receptions.
This is an unpaid internship eligible for college credit. Additional benefits include professional experience, networking opportunities, reference support, and a free membership to the Art Alliance of Central PA (a full list of membership benefits can be found here).
Application Information and Deadline
The deadline for this internship is January 23rd, 2017 at 5:00 pm. To be considered for this opportunity, please email a cover letter* and resume to email@example.com.
* Please address the following topics in your cover letter:
- Previous experience with press, marketing, and social media
- Previous experience working with the general public.
- Interest and experience in contemporary art/community arts organizations.
- What you hope to learn from your time at AAGD.
About Art Alliance Gallery Downtown
Art Alliance Gallery Downtown (AAGD) opened in October 2016 as a satellite location for the Art Alliance of Central Pennsylvania, a nonprofit organization that exists to serve students, artists and the art-loving public in Pennsylvania’s Centre County and beyond. Since then, AAGD has exhibited a diverse array of regional and statewide contemporary artists focussing on a spectrum of media and content. Our mission is to serve the community through the exhibition and promotion of talented contemporary artists in Centre County and beyond. We believe that art fosters community and promotes harmony in growth.