Art Alliance Gallery Downtown will host a new group of artists every month.
With a brand new downtown location and fresh ideas, we are excited to share the many unique facets of art in Central PA with the community by showcasing the work of the talented contemporary artists in our area.
Most months will feature group shows as follows:
- Six to eight 2D artists and two 3D artists will be invited to exhibit from First Friday to the end of the month. Exhibition space will be divided equally.
- Fee is $50 for students and Art Alliance members $75 for non-members.
- All artists in a show must commit to “sit” 8 hours during the month.
- One month will be reserved for a fundraiser for the gallery.
- All shows will have an opening reception, and publicity in social media, regional print media and other listings.
A schedule of shows*
March 2017: In Focus, photography exhibition
April 2017: A Place Called Home: Scenes from Central PA, mixed media
May 2017: For the Moment, flowers in mixed media
June 2017: Stratified, collage and multimedia exhibition
July 2017: Annual Downtown 6×6 Fundraiser
August 2017: Arts that Heal, TBA
September 2017: Fabricated, Textile and fiber-based art
October 2017: Abstract Show, mixed media
November 2017: Womanhood: Femininity, Feminism, and Identity, mixed media
December 2017: In the Palm of Your Hand II, Small art and maker/craft show
Exhibitions at Art Alliance Gallery Downtown open on the first Friday of the month and end on the last Sunday of the month.
* Note: This is a tentative schedule and may be changed due to extenuating circumstances. Check back to verify upcoming themes.
Artists: To submit artwork for consideration, please complete the application on our Calling All Artists page: